Sunday, November 15, 2009
My first Half Marathon
Well, I did it!!! I RAN it! It was an amazing experience and one that I hope to do again another day. There were so many people running and Rick said that he heard that 23 countries were represented. It took me an hour just to cross the Start line. Once I finally crossed it and started running I got a little emotional. I couldn't believe the day was finally here. I had been training since July and lost weight and I was about to run 13.1 miles. I ran the first 9 miles straight only to take a quick water break every 2 miles. I mapped out that I think I walked a total of 1 mile. Rick was there at mile 11. I was so excited to see him! He met me after the race and I called the family to say I DID IT!!! Rick still can't believe I ran one before he did. He is now determined to run one. We have signed up to run one in March in Dallas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment